Christopher M. Lamprecht
OBJECTIVE: To help create software that people find useful and love to use.
EDUCATION: * B.S.
Computer Science, B.A. Mathematics,
Overall GPA: 3.43. Upper division GPA: 3.8.
* Relevant coursework: Distributed Computing (audit, graduate), Analysis of Algorithms,
Intelligent Information Retrieval and Web Search, Autonomous Multi-Agent Systems, Technology Commercialization (graduate), Formal Model of the Java Virtual Machine, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Automata Theory, Advanced Java Programming, Number Theory, Probability, Abstract Algebra.
* University Honors, eight semesters.
Dec. 2004 – Present: Indeed (www.indeed.com) Lead architect, software engineer
* Employee number one; scaled job search engine from one search per 10 seconds to over
1000 searches per second, with an average search time of less than 250 milliseconds.
* Implemented in-house advertising system currently handling more than ten million queries daily.
May 2001 – Dec. 2004: Classgrabber (www.classgrabber.com) Founder and system architect
* Designed, developed, and deployed a distributed multi-agent class registration system
used by over 5000 students at five universities to secure hard-to-get courses.
* Designed and implemented an integrated course schedule planner user interface.
Jan. 2004 – Dec. 2004: KPI Consulting (www.kpi-consulting.net) Developer (contract)
* Developed Jakarta Struts-based web application components for medium-traffic
developer community web sites.
* Implemented Jakarta OJB distributed cache plug-in using JGroups (www.jgroups.org).
May 2002 - Jan. 2003: Forgent Networks (www.forgent.com) Java Developer Intern
* Designed and implemented a server failover component for Video Network Platform.
* Implemented various application features into the client-side user interface.
SKILLS: * Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, Intel assembly, and some basic Python.
* Relational database design and SQL. Most familiar with MySQL.
* High-volume Information Retrieval and text search using Apache Lucene.
* Experience with common development tools such as Subversion, Ant, and JUnit.
* Implementation of high-volume concurrent server-side code and design patterns.
* User interface design; implementation using Java Swing.
* Web-based development: Servlets, JSP, Struts, using Apache Tomcat and JBoss servers.
* Administration of Apache httpd and JBoss/Tomcat servers on Linux.
* Operating Systems and Networking: Unix (Linux), Windows XP/2000/98/NT.
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP.
* Proficient in French.
HONORS: * 3rd place winner of 75 entries, 2003 Idea to Product Competition (Classgrabber).
* 2nd place out of 74 teams, 2002 ACM South Central Regional Programming Contest.
* 5th place (undergraduate), 2001 ACM University of Texas Programming Contest.